The Cato Networks Product Support team is committed to assisting you with technical inquiries, offering expert guidance to resolve issues you may encounter while using our products. In addition to our responsive technical assistance, we offer comprehensive documentation, including user manuals, guides, and FAQs, designed to empower you with the necessary knowledge to efficiently operate our products.
If you are designing and deploying Cato for your enterprise, our dedicated Professional Services team is the best resource to work with. Please contact your designated Professional Services Engineer for further assistance. If you are unsure who your designated Engineer is or are unable to get in contact with them, please contact your Customer Success Manager or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our support organization is structured into three tiers, each characterized by distinct roles and responsibilities. These roles were created to ensure that you receive the most effective assistance for your Product Support needs. The goal of this article is to provide a comprehensive understanding of the role associated with each tier, enabling swift resolution of raised issues.
Tier 1 Support - Frontline Assistance
Upon reaching out to Cato Support, our Tier 1 support team will likely be your initial point of contact. By understanding the goals of our Tier 1 team, you can more quickly provide the information necessary to get the troubleshooting process started. Some of the key responsibilities of Tier 1 include:
- Addressing most common inquiries, resulting in ticket resolution within Tier 1 in most cases.
- Scoping the issue – identifying the affected individuals, timing of the issue, involved components, etc.
- Collecting necessary data for escalation to higher tiers for analysis.
To facilitate the fulfillment of these goals, we highly recommend reviewing the Information to Collect When Submitting Tickets to Cato Networks Support article. This will allow Tier 1 to efficiently accomplish their goals and expedite the troubleshooting process moving forward.
Tier 2 Support – Technical Troubleshooting
Once the foundation for troubleshooting is laid, the issue at hand is scoped, and the necessary data is collected, the Tier 1 team may decide to escalate the issue to our Tier 2 team for further investigation. Tier 2 support consists of our more experienced engineers who leverage their expertise to tackle more complex problems. Some of the key responsibilities of Tier 2 include:
- Participating in conference calls to actively troubleshoot issues.
- Providing in-depth analysis of Cato-related issues
- Identifying product-related issues, such as the CMA, Sockets, SDP client, PoPs, etc.
Tier 3 Support - Specialized Expertise
For the most complex product functionality matters, we have our Tier 3 support team to rely upon. With their extensive experience and knowledge, they provide the highest level of support that Cato provides. Their role encompasses specialized responsibilities tailored to the complexity of their engagements. Some of the key responsibilities of Tier 3 include:
- Analyzing complex issues across a diverse range of networking topics.
- Escalating and collaborating with our Engineering team for identified issues.
- Assisting in communicating technical subjects across all departments at Cato Networks.
Thank you for choosing Cato Networks for your support needs. We look forward to assisting you!