New Features & Enhancements
- Aggregate BGP Routes into a Single Summary Routes: For IPsec and Cross Connect sites, you can optimize BGP routing efficiency by aggregating multiple individual routes into a single BGP route announcement. This lets you reduce the number of routes that are advertised and add community-based actions.
Establish BGP with 4 Bytes-ASN Peers: You can now configure a 4 bytes-AS Number (ASN) in the Cato Management Application to define a BGP neighbor between Cato’s 2 bytes-ASN and the 4 bytes-ASN for your BGP peer.
- Enter the 4 bytes-ASN in the AS-plain format
- Configuration is according to RFC 4893
- Improved Device Visibility with Client Connectivity Policy Event: An event is now created after a device complies with a Client Connectivity Policy rule and is allowed to connect to your network. This event enables increased granularity in Client Connectivity policy rules by providing admins with a better understanding of the posture of devices connecting to the network.
Improved Process to Redeploy a vSocket for AWS, Azure, or ESXi Sites (Early Availability Feature): Cato supports re-installing a vSocket for a site without removing and recreating the site. We added an option to the Cato Management Application to unregister an existing vSocket from a site, and then you can recreate the vSocket and redeploy it on a new VM resource.
- For example, you can use this process to migrate a vSocket to a different VM resource, or reinstall a vSocket on a different VM instance type
- During the process the site configuration is preserved
- We’re looking for more EA participants, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
Knowledge Base Updates
Note: Content described in this update is gradually rolled out to the Cato PoPs over a two-week period. In addition, new features are gradually activated in the Cato Management Application over the same two-week rollout period as the PoPs. For more information, see this article. See the Cato Status Page for more information about the planned maintenance schedule.