The following article would help if the WMI "Test connection" fails and the DC installed on Windows server 2008.
For Windows server 2008 we got few additional steps which are must:
- Use regedit
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\
- Grant Read permissions to the Distributed COM Users and Event Log Readers groups, as shown in the attached screenshot:
- Open wmimgmt.msc
- Right-click the WMI Control and choose Properties
- Choose the Security tab
- Choose the CIMV2 item
- Click the Advanced button
- Choose the Distributed DCOM Users group and press edit
- In the “Apply to” popup choose “This namespace and subnamespaces”
- Repeat the last step for the Event Log Readers group
Please sign in to leave a comment.