Note: This is a feature that is only available for selected release. To enable this feature for your account, please contact Cato Support or your Cato Account representative.
Overview of IP Overlapping and the Cato Cloud
There are several deployment scenarios where it is necessary to use overlapping IP addresses in your account. The IP Overlapping feature provides greater flexibility in network design and enables your account to route traffic to sites with overlapping IP addresses.
The routing decision is based on the shortest IP range.
Requirements for IP Overlapping
Make sure that the account meets the following requirements before you enable IP Overlapping:
- You can only enable IP Overlapping on an account that does NOT use Static Range Translation
- One range must be smaller and fully contained within the other range
- All Sockets in the account must be version 6.1 and higher
- Make sure that each site has a unique IP address for the Native Range. You cannot duplicate an IP address between different sites
Enabling IP Overlapping for the Account
Use the System Settings window to enable the IP Overlapping feature for the account.
IMPORTANT! Enabling the IP Overlapping feature is a permanent change for the account. After you enable it, you cannot undo or disable this feature.
To enable IP Overlapping for the account:
- From the navigation menu, select System > System Settings.
- In the IP Overlapping section, select Enable IP Overlapping between sites.
- In the confirmation window, click Save.
Example of IP Overlapping Between Sites
The following list shows an example of sites with IP Overlapping.
- New York City: 10.0.0.0/16 (10.0.0.0 - 10.0.255.255)
- Frankfurt: 10.0.0.0/24 (10.0.0.0 - 10.0.0.255)
- London: 10.0.1.0/24 (10.0.1.0 - 10.0.1.255)