New Features & Enhancements
- MDR Stories View in Cato Management Application: Customers of Cato’s MDR service now have full visibility for investigations into threats in the new Detection & Response screen. Threat stories contain a broad range of information that lets the customer:
- Show live data about compromised sources and destinations
- Track the progress of investigations
- Analyze details of relevant traffic
- Learn more about threats with third-party utilities
- Coordinate better with the MDR team for effective remediation
- Improved Visibility for Domain Categorization: The Domain Lookup tab is a new feature for the Apps Catalog that lets you identify how a specific domain is categorized in Cato Cloud. For example, you can look up a website and see if it is included in the Gambling category that is blocked by the Internet Firewall.
- New Supported File Type for Anti-Malware: SVG files are included in Anti-Malware scans.
The Anti-Malware service can now inspect SVG files for malicious and suspicious content.
- Cato Management Application Enhancements:
- Get the Latest Events with a New Refresh Button: Starting on January 16, there will be a new Refresh button in the Events screen to quickly and easily refresh it. The events list and any new or changed events are updated.
Cato SDP Client Releases
- Windows Client v5.6: Soon we will start the gradual roll-out for the Windows Client version 5.6. Below is a preview of planned features and enhancements for this version. Read more about best practices for upgrading Clients.
- Improved Out-of-the-Box Security:
- Deploying Clients with Always-On Enabled: You can automatically enable Always-On for new Client installations, so that users will not have Internet access until after they are authenticated.
- Automatically Show Client when the Device Starts: To let an SDP user set up a new device and easily find the Client and then Connect to the network, you can now use a registry flag to define if the Client app automatically opens or not.
- Exclude Network Ranges from LAN Blocking: Use the Split Tunnel feature with LAN Blocking to define subnets that are excluded from the tunnel. For example, this lets a device connect to a LAN printer even though LAN Blocking is enabled.
- Enhanced Windows Client Upgrade Process: We added roll-back functionality to the Client, and if there’s an issue during the upgrade, the Client automatically rolls back to the previous version.
- The Client automatically upgrades to the next minor Client version when it is available
- Improvements to Client Self Service: When using Self Service to troubleshoot the Client, now includes data from the Cato Cloud in addition to the local device.
- macOS Client v5.3: Soon we will start the gradual roll-out for the macOS Client version 5.3. Below is a preview of planned features and enhancements for this version. Read more about best practices for upgrading Clients.
- Improved upgrade experience for SDP users, and they are no longer required authenticate to the macOS during the upgrade
- Admins no longer need to manually distribute the Cato certificate for TLS Inspection, the Client automatically installs it on the macOS device (similar to the Windows Client)
- Performance improvements for macOS devices with the native Apple CPU chips
- IPS Signatures:
- Malware - Brute Ratel (New)
- Malware - Qakbot (Enhancement)
- Application Database:
- Added more than 200 new SaaS applications (you can view the SaaS apps in the Apps Catalog), including:
- Active Directory Global Catalog over LDAP
- Enhanced the following SaaS application:
- Updates to Application Control Policy:
- New granular actions for this app:
- Pastebin: Download
- Enhanced actions for these apps:
- WeTransfer: Upload
- GigaFile: Upload
- Yahoo Mail: Upload
- LinkedIn: Add Attachment
Please sign in to leave a comment.