CyberTalk: The Security Update
Welcome to a video series intended to raise awareness of cybersecurity issues beyond what is simply in the latest newsfeed.
In this series, Robin Johns and Bill Carter discuss the top Security items that every cyber team needs to know to help keep them aware of what is happening in the broader security space, and more importantly, how Cato helps keep you protected.
This week we had a little issue with our recordings, so you only get one side of the conversation, however through the power of editing the day has been saved.
In this episode, we dig into the 'recipe of ransomware' and discuss how the 6 E's are typically followed by every attack:
- Establishing - Setting up the framework
- Embedding - Gaining access and foothold
- Evading - Ensuring that all monitoring tools are blind to activity
- Encrypting - Hiding the data from the data owner/custodian
- Exfiltrating - Removing the data for malicious usage
- Extorting - Getting the $$
Watch the latest episode here:
Please sign in to leave a comment.